The Songwriters Workshop Intensive is based on the BMI Contemporary Songwriters Workshop Model. The "Workshop Intensive" teaches those who want to write better songs a new vocabulary for how to listen to them. To achieve this, we use a unique critiquing system, giving writers definitive insight into what drives a song and what emotion is literally at its heart. By learning the "SAA critiquing system™" and the songcraft/decision-making process of the world's greatest songwriters, workshop participants quickly see new directions in which to take their ideas and apply them to their own songs.
- Songcraft Basics: Develop quality lyric writing: Getting an audience quickly involved with your songs / Speeding up your storytelling / Writing dynamic, picture-driven lyrics / Arranging/production techniques
- Includes: weekly writing assignments that are both challenging and fun, based on strategic lesson plans that increase your sensitivity and ability to "Listen to songs" with greater depth and understanding about the mechanics that make hits/great songs work and how to apply them to your writing
- Many of the same elements and strategies are offered here as are taught by Mr. Seidman in his classes at NYU and The New School.
- A chance to have your songs critiqued and fine-tuned in a professional and respectful environment
- The workshop also covers and answers many questions about the realities of today's music business: publishing, collaboration, protecting your music, and much, much more
*After 4-5 weeks, you'll understand organically so much more about how the songs you love are constructed, and how to construct your own!*
The Advanced Writers Forum is designed for songwriters to get a meaningful "Deep Dive Critique™" on their songs from Song Arts founder Billy Seidman in a group setting of 8-10 talented writers.
These Forums meet 4-5 times a year and are typically used as re-write sessions by Artists prior to recording Final Master versions of their songs. Writers get a thorough, professional critique via recorded feedback on a range of factors they might use to re-write their songs with more meaning, relevance, or clarity so audiences can retain and better relate to the song. This includes the suggestions of lyrical or musical ideas or concepts that were perhaps overlooked in the writers 1st song draft.
Writers also use the Forum to discover collaborators for SAA's Collaboration Studio sessions. These sessions also happen 4 or 5 times a year where up to 6-7 writers collaborate in the SAA studio facility to create Songs for the POP music Market.
The Current Schedule
THE NEXT ADVANCED WRITERS FORUM STARTS ON:
Wednesday, February, 28th from 7PM-9:30PM (One Night Only and cost: $65.00) payable via Venmo - @Billy-Seidman or by PayPal Family & Friends at: firstname.lastname@example.org
THE NEXT SONGWRITERS WORKSHOP INTENSIVE:
Starts on Monday, March, 5th from 7PM-9:30PM and runs five consecutive Monday Nights: 03/05, 12, 19, 26, & 04/02
*Member participation is limited to 16; there are no refunds for these courses
Fill out and submit the form below. Once you've completed the form, you can select to make payment via payPal or Venmo.